- 2017 |
- Uptake |
- Tags: Teaching
I taught a "Game Making in Unity" elective for Uptake's internal company university. The one day class was a crash course introduction to working in 3D with a popular, cross-platform game engine called Unity. The class was beginner-friendly and assumed no prior experience. By the end of the elective, participants built their own first-person exploration games.
Topics covered: 3D objects, materials, lights, physics, using C# to detect interactions, spatial audio, post-processing and particles.
Outline of material:
- Survey of exploration & wandering games
- Introduction to Unity and 3D concepts
- Lab: assembling a first-person scene
- Lab: building a physics-based platformer
- Lab: building an explorable world
- Building & sharing a cross-platform application